Bali island on the world map
Bali Island is an island in the Malay archipelago, in the group of Small Sunda Islands. The island of Bali is washed by the Indian ocean from the South, and the Balinese sea of the Pacific ocean from the North. In the West, the Strait of Bali separates Bali from the island of Java. And to the East, the Lombok Strait separates Bali from the island of Lombok.
The Bali sea (or Balinese sea) is an inter-island mainland sea of the Pacific ocean that is located between the Eastern tip of Java and the Islands of Bali, Lombok, Sumbawa, Sulawesi and Madura.
Bali is an island and province of Indonesia. Indonesia – the largest archipelago in the world, which consists of 13667 Islands (the exact number is unknown) and is divided into 34 provinces, the island of Bali is one of the smallest provinces of this country.
The province of Bali includes the island of Bali and several small Islands: Nusa Penida, Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Caningan. Bali island is separated from the Islands of Nusa Penida, Lembongan and Ceningan the Badung Straits.
Sponsor of this article: free instagram followers
Bali is located South of the equator at 8° degrees ( or 375 km), it is in the southern hemisphere of the earth. When it is winter in Russia, it is summer here (and Vice versa). The equator line itself runs through the Indonesian Islands of Sulawesi and Kalimantan.
Bali is located 3.2 km East of Java. Bali and Java are separated by the Strait of Bali. The area of the island is 5,6 thousand km. the length from West to East is about 153 kilometers, and from North to South about 100 km. The total area of the island of Bali is 5780 square kilometers (including the island of Nusa Penida, which is the province of Bali), without Nusa Penida 5.577 km2
Relief on the island
The island of Bali is of volcanic origin, so the relief on the island is mountainous. Great peaks and volcanoes of Bali: Agung (Gunung Agung) -3142 m., Batukaro (Gunung Batukaro) -2278 m., Abang (Gunung Abang – – 2152 m. and Batur (Gunung Batur) – 1717 m. The longest river is Ayun (Ayung) – 75 kilometers.
Agung volcano is located in the East of Bali and is of great importance in Balinese Hinduism. It is called the “abode of the gods”,” mother mountain”,”navel of the world”. It is believed that it is home to gods from all over the world and revered ancestral souls, I will tell you about this separately.
Volcanic matter (lava, volcanite, ash and black sand) covers most of Bali, creating a fertile soil with a high nutrient content. Agung volcano last erupted in 1963, and Batur volcano in 1974. The eruption of Batur in 1974 lasted about a month, and you can still fry eggs on the top of the mountain on Smoking geysers.
Mountain lakes Batur, Bratan, Buyan and Tamblingan are also of volcanic origin. They feed rivers and irrigate rice fields, which are the main asset of the islanders.
The island is surrounded by coral reefs. The beaches in the South have white sand, and in the North, West and 11 kilometers in the Southeast have black sand.
Time in Bali
Bali lives by Central Indonesian Time “CIT”. There are three time zones in Indonesia. The time in Bali differs by one hour from the capital of Indonesia, Jakarta. The time zone in Bali is GMT+8. in Bali, summer and winter are the same time, the hands of the clock do not move forward or backward.
Time difference between Bali and Russian cities: Bali and Krasnoyarsk – 0 hours; Bali and Irkutsk-minus 1 hour; Bali and Novosibirsk-plus 1 hour; Bali and Yekaterinburg-plus 2 hours; Bali and Vladivostok, Magadan, Khabarovsk, Chita, Sakhalin island – plus 2 hours; Bali and Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Krasnodar-plus 5 hours;
Visa to Bali
There are three types of visa that are actively used by tourists.
1. free visa for 30 days From may 30, 2015, a new type of tourist visa is valid for Russians on arrival for 1 month, which is issued free of charge for a period of 30 days without the right to extend.
2. On arrival visa.This type of visa is suitable for people who come to Bali for a period of no more than 2 months. It does not need to be issued in advance at the Embassy, it is issued immediately at the airport upon arrival. The cost of such a visa is $ 35. Valid for 30 days. This visa can be extended for another 1 month at the local immigration office. In total, using On arrival visa, you can stay in Bali for 2 months.
3. Social visa. This visa gives you the right to stay in Bali for 6 months, without leaving. Such a visa is made at the Embassy of Indonesia in any country where it is possible. This visa costs $ 45 for the first 60 days, which you can stay on the island of Bali without renewal. After that, the next 4 months must be renewed every month. After six months, the visa can no longer be extended while in the country. To live in Bali further, you need to fly to another country, make a new visa and fly back. If you renew a tourist visa yourself, then a monthly extension for one person will cost 350 thousand Indonesian rupiah + the time spent on trips to the visa service (3-4 times a month).You can use the services of agents to extend a tourist visa to Bali, the cost of such a service is from 600 thousand rupees for a monthly extension
Tickets to Bali (from Moscow to Denpasar)
Indonesia and the island of Bali are located at a very decent distance from Russia, in the southern hemisphere of the globe. The distance from Moscow to Denpasar (the capital of Bali) is 10,000 kilometers!
The Central transport hub on the island is the Bali Ngurah Rai airport. It is a modern airport located near Denpasar, 3 km from Kuta, 15 km from Nusa Dua and 12 km from Sanur.
• The journey time from Moscow-Bali 11 hours if a direct flight
• Bali Island is located in the southern hemisphere of the globe
• Time in Bali differs by +05:00 time Moscow
Flights to Bali can be divided into direct and connecting: Flights to Bali with one or two changes you Can fly with one or two transfers from Bali, let’s call “relatively direct” flight. Such a flight can last from 20 hours to 2 days – the total flight time will depend on the number of transit transfers and their duration. Transfers on these flights usually take place at the following airports: Doha (UAE), Shanghai (China), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), Hong Kong, Beijing (China), Bangkok (Thailand), Seoul (Korea) and Singapore.
The most popular single-stop flights are offered by Qatar Airways, Thai Airways, Singapore Airways, Cathay Pacific, Korean Air and Hong Kong Airlines.
Flight to Bali, split in half, with a stop of 1-2-3 days.
For convenience, you can split a long flight in half and stay for a few days, for example: in Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Hong Kong or Singapore.
Take a break from the flight or, let’s say, make a tourist (social) visa to Indonesia, then fly to Bali. According to the cost of tickets, this option will be slightly cheaper than direct flights, without long stops.
Check out your flight option to Bali. Advice from us, experiment, play with dates, cities, countries! Perhaps on the way to Bali, you will want to stop in some nice place and have a great time there.